3/25/14

The Pleasure of His Company


I have never read a book by Dutch Sheets before I received a copy of The Pleasure of His Company.  I was intrigued by the description of the book though and decided to give it a whirl.  My family is really glad I did.

When the book arrived I saw that on the back cover it said you could use it as a daily devotional.  I decided to do just that.  My wife had been asking me to read out loud to her like I did at various times in our marriage so I chose to read this devotional.  Soon my daughter began sitting in and it became an after breakfast family devotional time.

Dutch Sheets is a very engaging author in this book.  He mixes humorous personal stories with intriguing Biblical insights.  The more I have read from the book the more my family has said how much they like this particular book.  My 15 year old is asking me to read it every day and said we should buy all of our friends a copy! 

I wouldn't go that far but i will say that this is a book that challenges you to think outside the box at times and to re-evaluate your relationship with God.  Do you enjoy the pleasure of His company?  Yes or no you will enjoy this book and hopefully fall in love with God all over again.

I could say more about it but I will let my daughter's words end this review:  "This book is really enjoyable, well written and interesting!"

Hey, it hooked a 15 year old!

I received  a review copy of this book via Bethany House and Graf-Martin Communications.

No comments: