1/1/15

Just One Word

A couple years back Compassion sent a challenge out to their bloggers  to seek the Lord for a word for the new year instead of making a New Years Resolution.  I enjoyed the idea so much I have asked God for a new word each year since.

Literally, ONE word.

If the Lord was to give me one word for 2015 what would it be?

In 2013 I felt that word was PRAYER and pray I did.  Lots.  Things happened which forced me to my knees in prayer before the Lord.  In fact I think I only survived that year due to prayer!

Last year that word was TRUST. Looking back over the last year, I have seen areas both personally and professionally where I have had to trust God more than ever.  I have also seen God open amazing doors as I learned to trust Him more.

Now with 2015 upon us, I asked the Lord what word He wanted to give me for this year.  I feel that the word He has for me this year is PEACE.

As I prayed about this year I felt the Lord remind me of two passages from His Word.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (John 14:27)

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 4:6-7)

I don't know what 2015 holds.  I am making plans (vacation in Tennesee, book promotions, church, ministry) but I also know God can take things in any number of directions. My ultimate goal is to know Him and His will more. 

I am excited to see how this word applies to the coming year.

So what is God speaking to you for the New Year?

No comments: